DEPARTMENT OF TRAINING AND PLACEMENT
Increasing Placement by improving the employability of students and impart the necessary skills to meet the expectations of the Industry and development of material resources of the country…
To equip students with the skills necessary to face interviews confidently by giving sufficient training in aptitude and reasoning, communication, group discussion, presentations, preparing for technical and HR interviews through professional trainers thereby bringing a holistic transformation.
To organize recruitment drives with renowned business organization from all over the
country, within and outside the campus.
To enhance career counseling by promoting expert lectures by experienced personnel from corporate sector and to arrange for industrial (in-plant) training for the third year students with industries and reputed business houses from all over India and abroad. To collaborate with industry for live projects, research work, workshops or any academic alliance, industrial visits.
HEAD TRAINING AND PLACEMENT
|1||Sh. Rajeev Rajora||Head||View|
TRAINING AND PLACEMENT COMMITTEE
PRACTICAL TRAINING AND PLACEMENT
The Department of Training and Placement arranges for on the job Practical Training and Placement services to the students of Engineering and Management. Practical Training is arranged in private/public manufacturing industries, Government Engineering Departments, Engineering Consultancy Organizations, Information Technology firms, R & D Organization and other institutions, which provide real life exposure to products and services. The Department also arranges campus interviews conducted by private and government organization. In addition, the Department organizes awareness lectures for ICS, IES and other competitive examinations, higher studies Enterprenurship and direct jobs.
EFFORTS OF TRAINING & PLACEMENT
The Training & Placement Department at Engineering College, Kota was started in the year 1981 along with inception of the College. (New name is University College of Engineering, Rajasthan Technical University, Kota).
The college has a well established department of Training and Placement which has developed linkages with various leading industries, private and public sector companies, and other institutions to facilitate and assist students to get proper training and placement. The department acts as a liaison between prospective employers and students seeking employment. It conducts campus interviews, placement talks and extension lectures from time to time. About 34.83% of our students are able to get placed through campus interviews by leading firms in current year 2013-14.
The department has faculty members and subordinate staff members. The faculty is highly qualified and is among the best in Rajasthan State. The faculty has attended a number of seminars, extension lecturer, Group Discussions at national level in repute conferences. Some of the faculty members have also visited to different-different companies/organization or to received knowledge of about training and placement activities. The department has also organized Seminars/training extension lecturers/Group Discussion programs for students.
The supporting staff in the department is very cooperative in extending every possible support to visiting teams of various companies coming for campus interview and maintains the facilities that are ready round the clock for the campus placement activities.
EFFORTS MADE FOR PLACEMENT OF STUDENTS:
|No.||NAME OF THE COURSES||YEAR||TOTAL STRENGTH||ELIGIBLE STUDENTS||NO. OF STUDENTS PLACEMENT MADE||TOTAL||PERCENTAGE|
According to the course curriculum, undergraduate students of all engineering programmes are required to take up Practical Training for a period of 30 working days respectively Engineering students take practical training in one spells of 30 days during summer vacation after their III year (6th Sem.) examinations. Students submit detailed training reports and a Board of Examiners having one external examiner from industry examines them through a viva-voce examination. Practical Training has been extremely useful to students in providing them exposure to real life industrial work culture and hands on experience of applications of class room knowledge. Students have greatly benefited by practical training as reflected in their confidence during placement interviews conducted by industry people.
Practical Training imparted to students of engineering (Civil, Computer, Electrical,Electronics, Mechanical, Instrumentation & Control, Production & Industrial andInformation Technology) is indicated below (Table-1).
TABLE 1: Details of Training Arrangements during Year 2006-2007
|No.||CLASS||NUMBER OF STUDENTS||DURATION||PERIOD|
|1||III B .E.||429||30 days||1 June, 2013 to 15th Ju ly, 2013|
OUR RECRUITERS & TRAINERS:
TCS, Infosys, Cognizent, L&T, Tech Mahindra (MBT), Vatika, Simplex, Hindalco, Samtel Group, NEI, Wipro Infotech, CMC, HCL, Impetus Computing Systems, Policy Management System, DCM, IDEA, BGR Energy, Gammon India, Vedanta, Ansal, Aditya Group, ACC, Larsen & Toubro, Essar Telephones, Unitech, Era Construction, Mahindra & Mahindra, Siemens, J.K. Tyres, Chambal Fertilizer and Chemicals (CFCL), Shriram Fertilizers and Chemicals, MICO, CIMCO, Vikram, Aditya and Grasim Cement, B.L. Kashyap, Hindalco, Unitech, Ahluwalia, etc.
Like marketing and sales of products and services, providing job opportunities to final year students through campus interviews, is a continuous, tough and challenging task. The Department has been making all efforts in maintaining and developing highly professional relationships with HRD people in industry to provide campus placement to all students. Usually the companies consider the students having more than 60% marks eligible for campus placements.
In the academic year 2013-14, several organizations visited/conducted interviews for recruitment of Final Year students and 116 got selected. Details of placement of five year of students in various organizations are indicated in Annexure A to G. The department has also forwarded Bio-Data of students to several organizations for offcampus placements. Beside this, in order to improve the personality and all round development of students the department has conducted. Seminars delivered by experts from across the globe (Annexure-H). Few more activities have been listed in Annexure-I and Appendix-J lists the future plans of the department.
|1||Total Number of students placed in 2013-14||:||119|
|2||Total number of campus held in 2013-14||:||12|
|3||Total number of students placed from final year||:||116|
|4||Total number of students eligible in final year (60% in B.E.)||:||333|
|5||%age of students placed in final year so far||:||34.83|
|6||Total number of companies, where students are offered seats for Practical Training (from II and III BE)||:||156|
|7||Total number of students offered closed seats from VI Sem. B.Tech||:||69|
TEAM MEMBER FOR CAMPUS PLACEMENT ACTIVITIES:
|No.||FACULTY MEMBER||No.||SUPPORTING STAFF MEMBER|
|1||Prof. Sanjeev Mishra PTP||1||Sh. Ashok Kumar Verma|
|2||Sh. K.S. Grover FIT||2||Sh. Mahavir Prasad|
|3||Sh. Praveen Bhandari FIT|
|4||Prof. Prashant Jamwal FIT|
|5||Dr. (Mrs.) A. Bharagava FIT|
|6||Dr. (Mrs.) Irum Alvi FIT|
|7||Dr. Vikas Bansal FIT|
|8||Mr. Sanjay Tak FIT|
|9||Dr. Vivek Srivastava FIT|
|10||Dr. Lokesh Tharani FIT|
|CAMPUS INTERVIEW DETAILS : 2012-2013 (Batch – 09 FR)|
|No.||DATE||COMPANY||EE||EC||EIC||CP||ME||P& I||IT||CE||TOTAL||PASSOUT||PACK (LACS)||GRAND Total||TOTAL SALARY (IN LACS)||CAMPUS HEAD AT|
|1||6/7. 11.2012||Tata Consulting Services||11||23||3||14||7||1||7||4||70||3.16||70||221.20||UCE|
|2||2. 12.2012||Honda Cars||1||1||2||3.93||2||7.86||CTE, UDAIPUR|
|3||9. 01.2013||Auriga IT Consulting||1||1||0||2.40||1||2.40||UCE|
|4||17. 01.2013||L& T||3||3||3.60||3||10.80|
|5||29. 01.2013||Ashiana Housing||7||7||3.80||7||26.60|
|7||03.05.2014||METACUBE||1||1||2.64||1||2.64||ML VCE, BHILWARA|
|8||20. 05.2013||APPOLO TYRE||2||3||1||6||3.50||6||21.00||UCE|
|9||30. 05.2013||INDIGO PAINTS (postp oned)||0||3.80||0||0.00||UCE|
|TOTAL STUDENTS SELECTED||14||23||3||16||17||2||7||14||96||0||33.17||96||3184.32||35.04|
|Total Eligible Students after VI Semester (according 60% in X, XII & B.TECH WITH BA CK)||47||57||17||28||47||13||21||44||274||Selected||35.04|
Major initiatives taken in this year 2013-2014 are as follows:
- Soft-skills classes taken on regular basis by professional trainers.
- Motivational lectures and lectures by experts drawn from Industry are arranged on regular basis i.e. on every Saturday.
- To promote and encourage various activities needed for overall development of students a Student Activity Centre was opened in which two days workshop on Robotics was arranged. Techno placement was also conducted in which students faced mock interview and mock group discussion.
- Focus and strengthening of Alumni data base. The department has collected the data of alumni from several sources and to make it complete a link on Google doc has been hosted at PTP website for filling the data by alumni. The link was publicized in Newspapers of State and National level.
- Work on developing a skill development centre has started in which various skills needed by Industry would be imparted to the students to enhance their employability.
- A student placement committee has been formed in which from every branch a student representative participate in decision making.
Future Action Plan
- A Permanent Training and Placement Officer (TPO) to be employed who may have a qualification in MBA (HR) in a scale of Dy Registrar with suitable experience.
- Infrastructure for conducting online test is required which can be done by creating a computer lab in the department with at least 100 computers and related software.
- Above facility can be used as Finishing School or skill development lab. This skill development lab would include all the software which are needed by the industry but due to other constraints are not included in regular course curriculum.
- A proper Brochure of college in a hard copy is to be printed for invitation to companies.
- A proper Web site is needed for PTP preferably built and maintained by an IT professional.
- Focus and strengthening of Alumni data base.
- Soft-skills training is to be imparted on regular basis from V semester onwards.
- Wi-Fi facility is to be created in PTP office.
- Expert lectures by Industry people.
- Technology Incubation Centres (TIC) to be started.
- Industry Institute Interaction Cell (IIIC) under this several workshops to be arranged for getting inputs from Industry in developing course curriculum and initiating other activities which will make students suitable for placement.
- MOUs to be signed with industries.
- Industry can suggest some new courses or contents in the existing syllabus.
- Chairs may be sponsored by industry in particular department.
- Presently industrial training is only for thirty (30) days after sixth semester. There is need to have min 2 months (60 days) internship. During this period students may think about an industrial project in consultation with faculty and industry fellows. This project should then be taken up in seventh semester to finish it by eighth semester. Alternatively, the last semester i.e. eighth semester should have only Industrial training or in which an industrial project/research is done.
Soft-skills related courses may also be introduced in the course curriculum.