Programme Educational Objectives
The educational objectives of our undergraduate education programs are in alignment with the mission of the Rajasthan Technical University, Kota.
The current program educational objectives are:
- To prepare graduate students with strong foundation of Electronics and allied subjects so as to excel in professional career and research.
- To prepare graduate students to be able to provide technical solutions for real life problems that are socially and economically acceptable.
- To prepare graduate students with good communication skills, ethical values and ability to work as a team.
- To prepare graduate students with an attitude for continuous learning by updating their knowledge to meet the ever changing technical demand.
Programme Outcomes B.Tech (EC)
Graduates of Electronics and Communication Engineering Programme will have the ability
1. To analyze and solve the complex engineering problems by using the basic knowledge of Mathematics, Science and Engineering.
2. To conduct investigations of complex problem and design a component, a system or a process to meet the desired specification within the realistic constraints such as economics, environment, ethics, health, safety and manufacturability.
3. To understand that the solutions have to be provided by taking the environmental issues, sustainability, professional responsibilities and ethics into consideration
4. To design as well as conduct experiments, analyze and interpret the results to provide valid conclusions.
5. To select and apply appropriate techniques for the design and analysis of systems using modern Electronics design tools.
6. To function effectively either as a member or a leader in a multi disciplinary activities and apply engineering as well as management principles in their own / team projects in multidisciplinary environment and to offer engineering solutions to societal problems.
7. A sound working knowledge of the fundamental principles that underpin electronics and communication engineering and skills in a chosen area of electronics and communication engineering.
8. Ability to apply systematic approach for problem solving, design and performance evaluation. Realize the need for lifelong learning and engage them to adopt technological changes in Electronics and communication Engineering.
9. Ability to think both creatively and analytically for lifelong learning with the capacity to learn both independently as well as the part of a group through a variety of different methods with self-discipline, self-management skills and having the ability to set personal goals.
10. To become successful entrepreneur having enough knowledge to face challenges in setting up an industry in electronics and communication engineering. Committed to professional, ethical and environmental responsibility as a professional engineer while contributing positively to the society.
The educational objectives of our postgraduate education programs are in alignment with the mission of the Department of Electronics and communication engineering, and the mission of University College of Engineering, Rajasthan Technical University, Kota. The current Digital communication program educational objectives were developed as part of the programs ongoing efforts to maintain through innovation a postgraduate program that meets the needs of our constituents. The current educational objectives of the Digital communication program are
1. To postgraduate in Digital Communication with expert and professionals in the present generation of communication techniques.
2. To develop the capability of independent research project in Digital Communication applying research principles and methods.
3. To train the postgraduate in Digital Communication with the depth knowledge of various subject of present day interest like Advanced Digital, Satellite & mobile Communication, Modern DSP and signal theory.
4. To train the postgraduate having the knowledge of different simulation tools used for measure the performance and diagnose the communication signals and systems.
5. To prepare postgraduate for Compiling and interpreting research data and presenting them in an appropriate format with scientific presentation, taking into consideration scientific principles and methodology, as well as practical applicability.
6. Postgraduates will become leading researchers and professors who create and disseminate new knowledge in digital communication engineering.
7. Demonstrate a high level of autonomy, accountability, credibility, ethics, and responsibility for all personal work outputs in the advanced Digital Communication sector.
After the completion of the Programme, the student will be able to:
1.Acquire successful careers in core, allied industry and teaching in national & international institutes.
2.Apply knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering in solving the problems related to digital communication and conduct experiments as well as analyze and interpret data.
3.Design and implement an independent research project in Digital Communication applying research principles and methods.
4.Compiling and interpreting research data and presenting them in an appropriate format, taking into consideration scientific principles and methodology, as well as practical applicability.
5. Analysis of complex situations and problems, Identifying alternative solutions and Successful implementation of problem-solving strategies.
6. Acquire skills in handling instruments, tools, techniques and modelling using advanced software & tools.
7. Apply knowledge & creativity to identify, formulate and solve engineering problems.
8. Handle the different communication system problems, related channel coding techniques, modulation techniques, spread spectrum & equalization techniques, DSP, Antenna Design, and a number of telecommunication problems.
9. Empowers the candidate with confidence and leadership qualities such as ability to communicate effectively, ability to engage in life-long learning and an ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice and environmental and Society context.
10. A balanced understanding of software and hardware to support product design and development related to digital communication engineering.
11. A strong foundation of microwave devices, signal processing and communication systems.
The educational objectives of our postgraduate education programs are in alignment with the mission of the Department of Electronics engineering, and the mission of University College of Engineering, Rajasthan Technical University, Kota.
The current Control and Instrumentation program educational objectives were developed as part of the programs ongoing efforts to maintain through innovation an postgraduate program that meets the needs of our constituents. The current educational objectives of the M.Tech in Control and Instrumentation Engineering program are:
1. To prepare the students have successful career in industry and motivation for higher education.
2. To provide strong foundation in Engineering and mathematics necessary to formulate, solve and analyze Control and Instrumentation problems.
3. To provide strong foundation in Modeling, control theory and signal processing concepts.
4. To provide good knowledge of Instrumentation systems and their applications.
5. To provide knowledge of advanced control theory and its applications to engineering problems.
6. To provide an opportunity to work in inter disciplinary groups.
7. To promote student awareness for lifelong learning and inculcate professional ethics.
8. To provide necessary foundation on computational platforms and software applications related to the respective field of engineering.
1) Ability to understand and apply differential equations, integrals, matrix theory and Fourier transformations for engineering problems.
2) Ability to understand and apply basic science, control theory, signal processing and apply them to engineering problems.
3) Ability to model and analyze transducers.
4) Ability to understand and analyze Instrumentation systems and their applications to various industries.
5) Ability to apply advanced control theory to practical engineering problems.
6) Ability to review, prepare and present technological developments.
7) Ability to form groups and develop or solve engineering hardware and problems.
8) To understand and apply computing platform and software for engineering problems.
9) To understand ethical issues environmental impact and acquire management skills.