OFFICE OF THE LIBRARY AND INFORMATION SERVICES
RAJASTHAN TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY,KOTA
Central Library of Rajasthan Technical University, Kota ( Formerly knows University college of Engineering, Kota was established 1984. It caters to the information needs of the faculty members, students, staff, and research scholars. It works on an open access system. The Central Library possesses around 1,00,043 books and more then 9975 e-journals covering the disciplines of all Departments as
- Mechanical Engineering
- Production and Industrial Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Electronic Instrumentation Control Engineering
- Computer Science
- Information Technology
- Petroleum Engineering
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Petro Chemical Engineering
- Renewable Energy Technology
- Environmental Engineering
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Control & Instrumentation
- Digital Communications
- Industrial Management & Engineering
- Machine Design
- Power Electronics and Electrical Drives
- Power Systems
- Structural Engineering
The Central Library collection also comprises printed documents such as books, reports, theses, standards, Atlases, Patents and back volumes of journals. The non-book collection includes material like audio/video cassettes and CD-ROM discs etc.
The Central Library is a member of Indian National Digital Library in Engineering, Sciences, and Technology and All India Council of Technical Education (INDEST-AICTE) Consortium, New Delhi for accessing e-journals and also member of Institute for Steel Development and Growth (INSDAG), KOLKATA for Sharing it’s resources in the interest of faculty and students. Central Library is also a Member of Developing Library Network (DELNET) New Delhi for sharing the resources among its Member Libraries.
Central Library has been subscribing e-journals of IEL online, ASCE online, ASME online, Emereld-95, Access Engineering Library, J-Gate(JET) ASTM Digital Library and various digital libraries for accessing e-journals.
Central Library is housed in a two storied separate building which can accommodate around 150 users at a time to persue the academic and research activities by way of reading books, accessing electronic journals and internet and computer programming. It is connected to high speed internet. All activities of Central Library are computerized, including bar-coded ID cards and separate On- line public access catalogue(OPAC) terminal to know the status of books at any time since 2015.
Admission to the library is restricted to members only upon showing the Identity card and making an entry in the visitors` register kept with the gate staff. Private books, bags, cases, personal aspects and printed material other than library books must not be brought inside the library. Also do not bring a borrowed library book inside, if you do not wish to return it. Such books will not be allowed to be taken out. These should be deposited at the property counter. Library does not accept any responsibility for loss or damage to personal property left on its premises. The mobile phones are to be kept switched off during the stay inside the library.
The Library is rich in all types of current information/resources to meet out information needs of its users such as-
- General Books
- Printed Journals
- Text Books
- Online e-journals
- Reference Books
After confirmation of membership every member will get Library Reader Tickets. All losses are to be reported immediately to the librarian.
All current RTU Students, Research Scholars, Faculty Members and Staff Members are eligible to become member of the library.
Documents lending Rules
- Books shall be issued on the presentation of Reader`s Tickets and Identity Card.
- Before leaving the issue counter the member should satisfy that the books lent to him/her are same and are in a sound condition and if not He/She shall immediately bring the matter to the notice of counter staff.
- If one volume of a set damaged/lost, the borrower will be liable to replace the whole set or pay the cost of the whole set plus overdue charges, if any.
- An Overdue charge of .50 paise per volume per day is levied, if book is not returned on due date.
- In case of Reference books a fine of Rs. 5.00 per volume per day shall be charged after the last date of return is over.
- Reference books and journals for onernight loan should be returned on the next day by 11.00PM after that a fine of Rs. 5.00 pre volume per day shall be charged on non-return of such material.
Textbook Loan Scheme( Book Bank Facility)
- The Section exclusively contains 48604+text books prescribed for study at the undergraduate and All M.Tech. Level. One may get 4 textbooks issued for semester duration. Textbooks may be exchanged on weekdays.
- SC and ST category students may get 6 text books issued for semester duration.
Central Library Provides sufficient number of latest wipro PCs for browsing academic information through internet.
Open Access & Shelf Arrangement
Membership have the privilege of direct access to the shelves in the book stacks, reading hall and the freedom to browse among the books during specified hours. It is important that the benchmark arrangement of books is maintained. On no account should they be re-shelved by the users because of the chances of misplacement.
Ambience & Atmosphere of Study
Library is a place for individual study. Accosting and greeting of friends prohibited. All readers are expected to maintain silence inside the library premise.
Xeroxing/ Printing Services
- Reprography and computer printing facility is open for all users from 10.00 AM to 1.00 PM on all working days at a flat rate of 0.50 paise per page.
- The Library normally undertakes to reproduce material required for personal research and study purposes only.
- Photocopies of the unpublished dissertation/ thesis shall not be provided unless permission of the author is obtained.
- All responsibilities for questions pertaining to copyright that may arise due to copying and the use made of copies shall lie with person making the request.
|Category of Membership||No. of books||Period of Loan|
|I- B.Tech. to III-B.Tech.||3||15|
|M.Tech. and M.B.A.||4||15|
|Research Scholars (Ph.D.)||4||15|
|Faculty, Librarian & Registrar||15||No Limit|
|Technical Assistant||4||No Limit|
|Non-Teaching Staff||2||No Limit|
Books shall be issued on the presentation of Reader`s Ticket and Identity card.Before leaving the issue counter the member should satisfy that the books lent to him/her are same and are in a sound condition.
General books are issued to all eligible members as per their entitlements.
Reference books bound volume of journals, pamphlets and standards are issued only to following members :
Faculty Members :
- One reference book or one bound Volume of journal for over night only.
- One loose issue of journal other than the latest against a prescribed form (for overnight borrowing) between 3.00 PM to 4.00 PM which should be return before 11.00 AM. next day.
can borrow one reference book or one bound volume of journal for over night only.
- No book in damaged condition will be accepted from the reader. Mutilated or spoiled books will have to be replaced by the borrower.
- Books issued will not be accepted back on the same day.
- Reader can claim books (reserve) already issued, at the circulation counter.
- Loss of book must be reported immediately. Late fees, if any, will be charged till the loss of book is reported. If the original library book is returned after reporting it lost, the fine will be calculated till the date of its return.
- For the rules for replacement of lost book kindly contact the Circulation Section.
- One reader can put maximum 2 claims.
- A book can have maximum 4 claims.
- Books are reissued only if there are no claims.
- The borrowing facility can be withdrawn or restricted in case of misbehavior or misuse of the library.
Other Services :
- General / Reference books – Monday-Friday: 10.00 AM to 3.00 PM and on Saturday 10.00 AM to 1.00 PM.
- Bound volumes of journals, loose issues, pamphlets and standards are issued from ground floor issue counter on working days from 3.00 PM to 4.00 PM.
- Central Library have been providing CD-Rom Database-Service to its users.
- Internet Facilities is also available in the library for Faculty Staff & Students.
- Reference services are rendered by Central Library also.
- The Library is providing current awareness service as well as fulfilling users quarries also.
- E-recourses access facility is also available in the Central Library.
Initiatives taken in hand:
- Automation of Library Holding & Services.
- Extension of Library Building
- Purchase of Furniture for the Library.
- Aluminum/ Glass partisan for e-library.
- Dismantle the circulation section to create more work space.
Central Library is well equipped with thoughtfully selected books in the field of Science, Engineering, Technology and humanities. Library subscribe Indian Journals and e-Journal through INDEST- AICTE consortium and have a rich reference collection of Encyclopedias, reference books, hand books, manuals, reports and conference proceeding etc.
|05||No. of Faculty and Staff Members||320|
|Monday to Saturday||1st Shift 08.00 AM – 02.30 PM|
|-||2nd Shift 02.00 PM – 08.30 PM|
|Documents Circulation||Days||Issue hours||Return hours|
|General Books||Monday to Saturday||10.00 AM to 3.00PM||10.00 AM to 3.00PM|
|Reference Books, Loose/Bound||03.00 PM to 4.00PM||Next day upto 11.00AM|
|Journals & CDs (Mon to Fri)|
|Other Services Hours|
|Xeroxing||10.00AM to 1.00PM|
The Library will remain open on all days except of Sundays, 2nd Saturday and on national and state holiday as per the academic calendar of the University.
|Sno||Books||No. of Books issued||Year||Remark|
|3||Book Bank Books||21,865||2014-15|
|Total No. of Books issued = 61,500|
|Sno||Details||Budget Allotted (Rs.) lacs||Utilized Budget (Rs.)||Remark|
|4||Grant from SWD,Jaipur||Nil||Nil|
|5||M.Tech. / Ph.D.||10.00||6,01,361.00|
|S.No||Courses||No. of books Purchased during 2014-15||No .of Titles of the books 2014-15||Total Number of volumes 2014-15||National Journals for all streams||e-Resources for all streams|
|6.||EI & C. Engg.||2||1360||7464|
|7.||Prod & Indl Engg.||163||3891||6587|
|Total books & Journals||4518||20494||97440|
|SNo||Courses||No. of book Purchased during 2014-15||No .of Titles of the books 2014-15||Total Number of volumes|
|3.||Control & Instrumentation||Nil||175||200|
|4.||Computer Science Engg.||31||319||370|
|6.||Industrial Management & Engineering||10||152||212|
|7.||Renewable Energy Technology||24||250||284|
|10.||Power Electronics and Electrical Drives||Nil||134||160|
|01||CD Rom Database||3230|
|SNo||Name of International Journals.||No. of e-Journals||No. of Bibliographic Records|
|4||J-Gate||7900 Indexed 1700 Free Full Text|
|SNo||Name of Access Provider||No. of e-Books||Remarks|
|1||MGH Access Engineering Library||370|
|2||ASTM Digital Library||1700||13000 Journals Titles|
- All the B.Tech IInd Year Students hereby informed that the Book Bank will be issued to them as per following schedule
|1||Optimized Digital Image Watermarking for Uncorrelated Color Space||Click Here|