Growth Plans up to 2020
- Main Focus are UG and PG Teaching, Research and Consultancy.
- The department will endeavour and will succeed by 2020 to be one of the most sought after department of the university with: –
- World class research facility customised to Indian environment.
- A department known for its innovative environment.
- A department with academic freedom and centre of excellence with autonomous culture.
So as to see our students in the global map empowered with state of the art in technology, everyone in the department will strive hard:
- To Educate our students to be knowledge creators for their brilliant future.
- To Prepare all our students to be industrious.
- To Empower our students to inculcate the communication skill and be spirited to accept the future challenges.
Future Plans for Research & Consultancy to advance the work in post Graduation in Power System Engineering
- Power System Reliability
- Power System Deregulation
- Power System Simulation
- Power System Stability
- Power System Operation and Control
- Power System stabilizer
- Power Systems Protection
- Power Quality Measurement
- Neural Networks
- Artificial Intelligence
- Multivariable Systems
- Fault Detection and Diagnosis
- Fault Tolerant Control
- Fuzzy algorithms in Controller design
- Genetic algorithms
- Real Time and Embedded Signal Processing
- Signal Processing Applications to Power System
- Systems and Control
Energy and Reliability
- Energy Economics
- Simulation & Forecasting of future energy demands.
- Setting up of bio & alternative fuel based plants.
- System Reliability
- Design for Reliability
- Failure Analysis
- Weibull Analysis
General Electrical Engineering
- Analog VLSI design & Testing
- Electric Power Distribution Systems
- Embedded systems
- Energy Systems
- FACT Devices
- Industrial Automation
- Machine Drives and Power Electronics
- Signal Based Fault detection and diagnosis
- Networks and Instrumentation
- Power Electronics and Electrical Drives
In Continuing Education
- Conducting Short Term Training Programmes on relevant current research areas for Professionals & Academicians
- Organizing a biannual National Conference on contemporary areas in collaboration with industries and professional bodies
- Organizing a biannual International Conference on thrust areas in collaboration with industries, professional bodies at international level.
- Organizing Faculty Development Programmes / summer Schools
- Conducting certificate courses for specialized technologies.
In getting Collaborations
- Programme specific Academic collaboration with other institutes of higher learning in India.
- Industry-Academia partnership for placements, internships, industrial visits & live projects.
- Collaboration with foreign universities for student exchange, joint research, IPR protection and joint PhD supervision programmes.
Other Academic Activities
- Organizing student technical fests at university / regional / national / international level.
- Conducting Expert Lectures for students from eminent personalities.
- Industrial visits for students.
- Imparting need based trade skills to socially weaker sections through vocational education.
Establishment of Centre of Excellency: Deptt. is working on in establishing centres of Excellency in the area of Reliability and Power Engineering.
- Industry ready and research oriented human resource development (M Tech. & PhD’s).
- Journal research papers and books publication.
- Intellectual Property Rights in form of Patents & Designs.
- Contribution to improvement in technical education through Faculty Development Programmes
- Serving Indian industries in the form of hard core research projects.
- Research projects in industrial collaboration.
- Industrial consultation based on specialized laboratories.
- Community college for economically / socially weaker sections.
Prof. Dinesh Birla
Head of the Department
Department of Electrical Engineering
UCE, RTU Kota