Chief Proctor Office, UCE, RTU, Kota (RAJ.)
The office of the Chief Proctor of UCE, RTU Kota is established with an objective of enforcing discipline and controlling the student activity. The college monitors the progress of the students at a closer level with the help of this office. Office of the Chief Proctor has following Board of Members:
- Chief Proctor : Prof. Praveen Agrawal
- Proctors : Dr. Manisha Vyas, Sh. Dinesh Kumar, Sh. kamlesh Jangid,Sh. Surendra Godara
Every student enrolled in the college should maintain strict discipline and decorum governed by the university by giving due regards to the rights of other students. Any student may be subject to disciplinary actions if his / her action on campus are disruptive or are in violation of college rules and regulations. Following shall amount to acts of indiscipline in the campus:
- physical assault or threat to use physical force against any member of the teaching and non teaching staff of the college and against any student within the college .
- carrying of use of , threat to use any weapons .
- Any violation of the provision of civil rights protection ACT , 1976
- Violation of the status, dignity and honor of students belonging to SC/ST.
- any practice whether or otherwise derogatory of women .
- any attempt at bribing or corruption in any manner .
- willful destruction of college property.
- creating ill-will or intolerance on religious or communal grounds.
- causing disruption in any manner of the academic functioning of university system.
ANTI RAGGING ACT
In Pursuance to the judgment of the Hon’ble supreme court of india dated 8/5/2009 in civil appeal no.887/2009,the UGC has framed “UGC Regulations on curbing the menace of ragging in higher educational institutions,2009″,which have been notified on 4 july 2009 in Gazette of India.These regulations are mandatory for all universities/institutions in order to prohibit,prevent and eliminate the scourge of ragging.
As per UGC regulation ragging is any conduct whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing,treating or handling with rudeness another student,indulging in rowdy or undisciplined activities which causes or is likely to cause annoyance,hardship or psyological harm or to raise fear or apprehension thereof in a fresher or a junior student or asking the students to do any act or perform something which such students will not in the ordinary courses and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame or embarrassment so as to adversely affect the physique or psyche of a fresher or a junior student.
PUNISHABLE INGREDIENTS OF RAGGING:
- Abetment to ragging
- Violation of decency and morals through ragging
- Assault as well as sexual offences or unnatural offences
- Criminal intimidation
- Injury to body causing hurt or grievous hurt
- Physical or psyciological humiliation
- Attemts to commit any or all of the above mention offences against the victim
- Unlawfull assembly and rioting while ragging
- Wrong ful restrant
- Criminal trespass
- Public nuisance created during raging
- Use of criminal force
- Offences against property
- Suspension from attending classes and academic privileges
- Withholding/withdrawing scholarship/fellowship and other benefits
- Debarring from appearing in any test/examination
- Debarring from representing the institution in an regional, national or international meet,tournment etc.
- Suspension/Cancellation of admission
- Rustication from the institution for period ranging from 1 to 4 semesters
- Expulsion form the college and consequent debarring from admission to any other institution for a specified period
- Fine accordingly
MEASURES FOR PROHIBITION OF RAGGING IN THE COLLEGE
The college strictly observes the provision of antiragging act considering ragging as a cognizable offence under the law. Ragging in all its forms shall be totally banned in the entire college,including its departments,constituent units, all its premises(academic,residentil,sports,canteen etc) whether located with in the campus or outside and in all means of transportation of students whether or private. The college takes strict action against those found guilty of ragging and/or abetting ragging.
MEASURES FOR PREVENTION OF RAGGING-
The college takes the following steps in regard to prevention of ragging of students:
- The advertisements for admission of students clearly mentions that ragging is totally prohibited in the college and anyone found guilty of ragging and/or abetting ragging is liable to be punished accordingly.
- The Brochure of admission/instruction booklet or the prospectus prominently prints the Regulations in full.
- The application form for admission,enrolment or registration contain an undertaking to be filled up and signed by the applicant to the effect that he/she has read and understood the provisions of thease Regulations and is aware of the prohibition of ragging and the punishments prescribed and also affirm to the effect that he/she has not been expelled and/or debarred from admission by any institution and if found guilty of ragging and/or abetting ragging is liable to be punished appropriately.
- The application form for admission, enrolment or registration contains an affidavit to be filled up and signed by the parents/guardians of the applicant to the effect that he/she has read and understood the provisions of these Regulations and is aware of the prohibition of ragging and the punishments prescribed, and also affirm to the effect that his/her ward has not been expelled and/or debarred by any institution and further aver that his/her ward would not indulge in the act or abet the act of ragging and if found guilty of ragging and/or abetting ragging, his/her ward is liable to be punished appropriately.
- The application for admission shall be accompanied by a document in the form of, or annexed to, the School Leaving Certificate/Transfer Certificate/Migration Certificate/Character Certificate reporting on the inter-personal/social behavioral pattern of the applicant, to be issued by the school or institution last attended by the applicant, so that the can thereafter keep watch on the applicant, if admitted, whose behavior has been commented in such document.
- A student seeking admission to a hostel forming part of the college has to submit additional affidavits countersigned by his/her parents/guardians.
- Before the commencement of the academic session in any institution, the Director of the college convene and address a meeting of Hostel Wardens, representatives of students, parents/ guardians, faculty and others to discuss the measures to be taken to prevent ragging in the college and steps to be taken to identify those indulging in or abetting ragging and punish them.
- The college makes the students aware of the dehumanizing effect of ragging, and the college prominently displays notices depicting the provisions of laws applicable to incidents of ragging and the punishments thereof.
- The college requests the media to give adequate publicity to the law prohibiting ragging and the negative aspects of ragging and the college’s resolve to ban ragging
and punish those found guilty without fear or favors.
- The college identifies, properly illuminates and keeps a close watch on all locations known to be vulnerable to occurrences of ragging incidents.
- The college tightens security in its premises, especially at vulnerable places and intense policing by Anti-Ragging Squad and volunteers is resorted to at such points at odd hours during the first few months of the academic session.
- The college engages or seek the assistance of faculty counselors before the commencement of the academic session, to be available when required by the for the purposes of offering counseling to fresher’s and to other students after the commencement of the academic year.
- The college provides information to the local police and local authorities, the details of every privately commercially managed hostels or lodges used for residential purposes by students enrolled in the college. The chief proctor also ensures that the Anti- Ragging Squad keep vigil in such locations to prevent the occurrence of ragging therein.
- Every fresh student admitted to the college is given a printed leaflet etailing to whom he/she has to turn to for help and guidance for various purposes including addresses okf”kZd izfrosnu 2013&2014 ANNUAL REPORT 2013-2014 and telephone numbers, so as to enable the student to contact the concerned person at any time, if and when required, of the Anti-Ragging Helpline referred to in these Regulations, Wardens, Director of the college, all members of the anti-ragging squads and committees, relevant district and police authorities.
- The leaflet contains a calendar of events and activities laid down by the college to facilitate and complement familiarization of fresher’s with the academic environment of the institution.
- The college, on the arrival of senior students after the second/fourth week, as the case may be, schedule orientation programs as follows, namely; (i) joint sensitization program and counseling of both fresher’s and senior students by the Chief Proctor. (ii) joint orientation program of fresher’s and seniors to be addressed by the Director of the college and the anti -ragging committee (iii) organization on a large scale of cultural, sports and other activities to provide a platform for the freshers and seniors to interact in the presence of faculty members ; (iv) in the hostel, the warden addresses all students for better environment.
- Freshers or any other student(s), whether being victims, or witnesses, in any incident of ragging are encouraged to report such occurrence.
- Each batch of freshers, on arrival at the institution is divided into small groups and each such group is assigned to a member of the faculty, who interacts individually with each member of the group for ascertaining the problems or difficulties, if any, faced by the fresher in the college and extend necessary help to the fresher in overcoming the same.
- It is the responsibility of the member of the faculty assigned to the group of freshers, to coordinate with the Wardens of the hostels and to make surprise visits to the rooms in hostels, where a member or members of the group are staying.
- Freshers are lodged, as far as may be, in a separate hostel block, and the college ensures that access of seniors to accommodation allotted to freshers is strictly monitored by wardens, security guards and other staff of the college.
- A round the clock vigil against ragging in the hostel premises, in order to prevent ragging in the hostels after the classes are over, is ensured by the college.
- Every student at the time of his/her registration informs the college about his/her place of residence.
- The Director, on the basis of the information provided by the student assign the member of faculty to maintain vigil and report any incident of ragging outside the campus or en route while commuting to the college using any means of transportation of students, whether public or private.
- The college, at the end of each academic year, sends a letter to the parents/guardians of the students who are completing their first year in the institution, informing them about the Regulations prohibiting ragging.
Major initiatives taken in this year 2013-14 are as follows:
- Soft-skills classes taken on regular basis by professional trainers.
- Motivational lectures and lectures by experts drawn from Industry are arranged
on regular basis i.e. on every Saturday.
- To promote and encourage various activities needed for overall development of students a Student Activity Centre was opened in which two days workshop on Robotics was arranged. Techno placement was also conducted in which students faced mock interview and mock group discussion.
- Focus and strengthening of Alumni data base. The department has collected the
data of alumni from several sources and to make it complete a link on Google doc has been hosted at PTP website for filling the data by alumni. The link was publicized in Newspapers of State and National level.
- Work on developing a skill development centre has started in which various skills needed by Industry would be imparted to the students to enhance their employability.
- A student placement committee has been formed in which from every branch a student representative participate in decision making.
Future Action Plan
- A Permanent Training and Placement Officer (TPO) to be employed who may have
a qualification in MBA (HR) in a scale of Dy Registrar with suitable experience.
- Infrastructure for conducting online test is required which can be done by creating a computer lab in the department with at least 100 computers and related software.
- Above facility can be used as Finishing School or skill development lab. This skill development lab would include all the software which are needed by the industry but due to other constraints are not included in regular course curriculum.
- A proper Brochure of college in a hard copy is to be printed for invitation to
- A proper Web site is needed for PTP preferably built and maintained by an IT professional.
- Focus and strengthening of Alumni data base.
- Soft-skills training is to be imparted on regular basis from V semester onwards.
Soft-skills related courses may also be introduced in the course curriculum.
- Antiragging squad are responsible to make surprise raids on hostels, and other
places vulnerable to incidents of, and having the potential of, ragging and are empowered to inspect such places.
Prof. Praveen Agrawal Chief Proctor,
- Over all Management of the Proctor Office
||Name of Proctor Mobile No.
||Nature of Work
||Sh. Surendra Godara
- Maintain discipline & Issue of Character Certificates for ‘A’ Block
- Admission of all classes(UG/PG/MBA/Ph.D through RPET/ LEEP /CAM/ CMAT/) including direct admission, Change of branch
- Preparation of data sheet for the collection of students fee (UG/PG/MBA/PhD), Issue of I-Card
- Work related to AICTE, RTI, TEQIP, Statistics, Automation, Student Data,
- SDC work
||Sh. Dinesh Kumar
- Maintain discipline & Issue of Character Certificates for ‘B’ Block
- Enrollment of Students
- Preparation of roll list of all classes (UG/PG/MBA/Ph.D),
- Attendance of students,
- Student Concessions
- Insurance of students.
||Sh. Kamlesh Jangid
- Maintain discipline & Issue of Character Certificates for ‘C’ Block
- All kind of scholarship (SC/ST/OBC/PH/Gen./Misc),
- Maintenance of students PF’s & Records,
- All types of certificates including T.C. & C.C, TEQIP, All types of refund excess amount, All types of University work (UOR & RTU),
||Dr.(Mrs.) Manisha Vyas
- Maintain discipline & Issue of Character Certificates for ‘D’ Block
- Girls related issue of disciplines,
- Annual report & Magazine,All types of certificates including T.C. & C.C,
Phone numbers of the Chief Proctor Office, UCE, RTU, Kota:
0744-2473035, 0744-2473029, 9460176312 (Sh. Rajesh Bohra)